Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sometimes I Don't Get Tags

Yes I have to admit this.

With all the drive to "separate" things, why do specialize tags exists? I mean I don't see it stopping, it's even growing.

If you don't know what I mean, let me explain.

Why do I see a lot of:
<framework:input>
instead of the much simpler and regular:
<input />
?
#replace framework with your favorite framework

So as I understand it in web development we have the client side and the server side, side of things. The client side consists of primarily HTML pages, CSS, javascript. The server side are either Java, Ruby, PHP and databases (these are simplistic elements for the sake of simplicity).

Now, why do frameworks like struts provide tags for UI? Is that not the problem of the UI person and the client side? Why do we have to hack HTML? Can we not write pure HTML and hack (fine tune) it with javascript with the data from the server? For me it will be much cleaner.

So far I only see Wicket is doing this approach.

It's a messed-up world out there, that's maybe the reason why software developers are handsomely paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment